Wednesday, 31 August 2011

Finished Knitting Project: Made So Quickly


Pattern: Made so Quickly
Original: Womens weekly sept 1936
Yarn: Annell cotton 8 


(Warning: This here will be heavy on non-knitters)

So I finished this about a month ago, but only put them on ravelry and blogged about it now.
The pattern is from a stitch in time volume 1, but the original pattern dates from 1936, womens weekly. So it's a pre-wartime pattern.

This is me being way more interested in my pocketwatch then in taking pictures.
Instead of the glass buttons I wanted to place on them I went for wooden I found at the market. 
Alas...what can I say...I am a sucker for wooden buttons. It's indeed getting quite out of hand.

Ah! That's better!
I made it in sportswool instead of dk, luckily it worked out well. I did one modification; I made the sleeves less puffy. The sleeves on the modern model aren't very puffy, but the original model has some major puff, and I read on the forum & comments on ravelry that some versions had turned out very big. Apperently during the interbellum thin heads were 'the' hot thing for a lady, and puffy sleeves made the heads look thin in comparison.

Anyway I really love the stitch pattern in this sweater, it's why I wanted to make it in the first place. I'm happy how it turned out, need to make me some more skirts to go with it though.

Not sure whether this was lady like behaviour in those times...but running around is fun...:)

Goodnight!

1 comments :

Badger & Bird said...

Remember taking these pictures, was lots of fun :)
I'm still amazed how suddently all those pieces of knitted rags suddently made a sweater :D