Thursday, 29 March 2012

Finished Vashon




My first fully cabled sweater, can you believe it? Not a vintage pattern, but definately vintage inspired!
The pattern had been on my to-do-list for a while now, and when the right yarn miraculously came to me, the time was right to just cast on for it.  


Pattern: Vashon
Designer: Cirilia Rose 
Soundtrack for this project: The Changeling by The Doors
 
Details!
This was a super quick knit, I was afraid this would be a slow knit because I hadn't cabled for quite a while, but it went really smooth and before I truly realised it I had finished the front and back! The needle size helped too! In the end it took me less then a month to knit the sweater.



The only change I made was making the sleeves longer. I'm trying to balance the amount of short, 3/4 and long sleeved sweaters in my wardrobe, so I couldn't allow myself to make a short-sleeved sweater... There you have it, the problems of a modern day crafter folks ;)

I also did the decreases for the sleeves and shoulders slightly different, because at one point I thought the cables looked a bit weird. I honestly can't remember what I did exactly. It wasn't a huge difference but I could take a look at my notes, to see if they can clarify that part. Though don't hold your breath for it because I don't make the most extensive notes while knitting and watching tv ;)



I've been doing pretty good with my craft goals so far! I've managed to knit 3 sweaters this year, one each month and even some small things inbetween. So who knows...maybe I'll even succeed in knitting more and actually knit 12 sweaters in 2012. We'll see. Ofcourse now I've mentioned this here I'll get distracted by whole bunch of other things.


That's all for now!
xxx


2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hey Nelson,
Echt heel leuk de trui. Kun je nu weer aan de komende dagen. Gr Margot

Nisse said...

Bedankt:) Ja dat merkte ik vandaag al met het koudere weer. Zo en nu op naar de volgende trui! ;)