Sunday, 18 March 2012

Weekend round up: Land girls, knitting in progress and deer


This weekend I found out there will be a new season of Foyles War!!! Something I honestly had not expected anymore! I'm very excited as the main cast will be returning and Anthony Horowitz will again be responsible for the script. You can read the press release here.

On a same note I discovered another new (to me) tv series:

 Land girls. Set during the second world war it follows the life of four girls who work for the women's land army made by the BBC. Sounds promising right? Apparently it has been on air since 2009, I honestly had no idea. Don't they know they oughta tell me this sort of stuff to preserve my sanity? ;) Any of you seen this series before? Fashion-wise it looks good I think. So far I've only watched the first episode, I thought the characters were a bit over the top at some points. But this could be because it's the first episode and they want to give you an extensive idea of what the characters are like. I did see some really great cardigans though!!

The land girls.

I have been working on Vashon, So far I've finished the front, back and one sleeve. I am now knitting the second sleeve, and am very happy with the result and with needle size 6 it's flying of my needles ;)

Picture of front in progress.
When taking photo's of your knitting...or anything for that matter...in this house there will be cats!
But she is cute eh? So I'll forgive her... I've more projects on the go at the moments, but nothing interesting to show so far. I hope to finish vashon this week though!

Jealous little cat ;)

The weather was so beautiful in these parts! Very much spring like and sunny :) Perfect outside-weather. My brother made awesome wildlife pictures during his early morning walk. Ahum 25 km walk that is...he's training for this yearly 80 km hike which takes place in three weeks. Last year there were 2656 participants and my brother came in 59. So that was really impressive!

Photo by my brother.

Pretty bird, photo by my brother.

I hope your weekend was just lovely! Goodnight!

xxx

4 comments :

Andi said...

Land Girls is kind of terrible, but I watch both seasons of it. The costumes are worth it and it's kind of fun if you like bad period soap operas.

Anonymous said...

Haa Nelson <3 je cadeautje is binnen,ik twijfel even of ik het moet open maken en dan weer moet inpakken. Denk wel dat we dat gaan doen. :) Bedankt voor het denken aan de theorie. Fijne avond en tot gauw! :) Groetjes Kim en ook van Lance

Anonymous said...

Hi Nisse, glad you are enjoying the show. The fashions seem to have struck a chord with a lot of people! Regards Roland Moore (writer, Land Girls)

Nisse said...

@Andi Ah well, that's what I feared. I'm still going to watch a few more episodes it, if only for the fashion ;)

@Kim Haha leuk:) Ik ben maar een heeeel klein beetje nieuwschierig hoor ;). Wens Nadine maar veel succes bij haar marathon!!

@Roland Moore
Thanks for your personal reaction! It's true, especially for knitters and crafters... We can't stop ourselves from looking at the fashion!