Monday, 31 December 2012

2012 in projects

Good grief...it's that time of the year already! Can you believe it? So ahum...2012 in projects:


Januari: 



















Fair isle yoke finished in the first days of 2012!

Februari:

I knit my first Icelandic Sweater. The start of an addiction!


March: 

Orchid Thief! I barely made it with one skein Malabrigo Sock!

April:

Okay this...was actually a March project...but I finished it on one of the last days
of March so that´s why I justified it ;)

May

My boat jumper! Since I did some designing on this myself
I'm especially happy with this one.

June: 

My knitting nightmare & dream in one! Took me forever!
No finished knitting in this month!

Sewing:

My yellow skirt! This one had no propper blogpost but I wear is a lot!

July:

Halla finished! At last!!! The result was worth the sweat and tears though!


August:

My Olympic knitting Challange and second Icelandic cardigan!

Sebtember:

*Sigh* This month was mainly:

Work in progress

and

Frogging

October:

Soay finished, this is the most wearable knit I've ever knitted.

November:

Ah! Secret project!

December:

Okay...October was a lie...this is my most wearable knit ever!

So that was 2012 in knit projects. I knitted much more in the beginning of the year than in the second half of the year. That's true I was in a bit of a non-knitting mood. That because I had to much expectations of myself, I made knitting a "have to" instead of a hobby, which is supposed to be fun.
I've sorted this out now ;) That's why I don't make any goals for the next year...no amount of sweaters I have to knit next years, no amount of sewing, no amount of books I have to read for me in 2013.
I have nothing against folks who do make these kind of goals, they just don't work for me.

I wish you and you're loved ones all the best for the next year! I can't wait to see what it has in store for me,
how I will develop myself, what I will make, what I will learn and who I will meet.

I can't wait!

♥♥♥

Nisse







3 comments :

Becca said...

Happy new year! You're some kind of jumper knitting queen! I love that fairisle one. I think you might be right about the dangers of a 'have to' attitude to knitting - it's supposed to be fun, right? :) x

Michelle said...

Wow! You've got a lot of range in the things you knit. Your Var makes me want to try an icelandic sweater so bad. And the Halla is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Wauw, supermooi en vrolijk :) Bewondering dat je zulke mooie kledingstukken zelf maakt en dat je het deelt, ik vind het mooi om te zien :) Veel plezier met erna kijken, dragen en nieuwe dingen maken :) Liefs Kim