Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Reading a bookshelve


When visiting new friends' homes for the first time, I have the theory that you can tell a lot about someone by sneaking a peak at their bookshelves. Starting with the simple fact if there is or isn't a bookshelve - I allways get slightly distressed when I see that someone has no books in their home -, and then on to the content, topics, writers, the way the books are organised and wether or not the books are dusty, new or well used. If my theory is true, I must have become a wholly different person over the weekend. Or, at least, a person with a wholly new bookshelve.



I was in desperate need of a new bookshelve. Books piles were emerging all over the place, and didn't fit into my old one anymore. So over the weekend I finally got this problems solved by adding a bookshelve. Most of my books are in the old one, but this one houses a fair amount of books too.
And ofcourse lots of empty spots...just in case I get more books... ;)

So what does the bookshelve say about me?

I'm a reader of fantasy, from time to time
These are books from the bf, his fantasy is a bit more violent (and monochrome, apperantly)
I'm currently reading this series.

Just like yarn and shawls, you can never have to many teapots!
Speaking of yarn and shawls, I need to keep that in a place the cat can't reach

The shelves are mainly filled with two themes: knitting books, and Norton-or-Heath-Anthologies-of-British-and-American-Literature
At the moment, with all the squares to fill up like my own personal museum, it almost feels like a shame to fill it up with new books. Although somehow I think I won't be said when I eventually do fill up the space...


 That's it. Now I'm going to continue another recently purchased book: The Great Gatsby. Can't believe I haven't read it before, but well, here it goes!

5 comments :

Elise said...

It looks lovely :) and please do come visit me and predict my future / analyse my personality based on our books :D I think that would be entertaining ^^

Nisse said...


Haha, thanks! I'm super happy with it. Will do, will do...you know...if I ever have some spare time again ;)

Jen said...

I am searching thrift shops presently for teapots ! I am so in love with them. Love your knitting and your blog by the way..

Nisse said...


Thank you Jen! I love vintage teapots and have started to acquire a modest collection :) I hope you'll stumble upon some nice ones soon!

katie metzroth said...

I like the look of your shelf. I agree, you can tell a lot about a person from their shelves.